Requisition ID: 223385
Pennsylvania Chemicals is a world-scale facility that will use ethane to produce 1.6 million tonnes of polyethylene per year. The project will involve up to 6,000 workers during its construction and is expected to employ 600 permanent employees when completed. The ethylene / polyethylene complex will be located in the Ohio River Valley north of Pittsburgh. It comprises an ethane cracker and three polyethylene units, plus OSBL including a gas-fired combined cycle cogeneration unit and a large storage-in-transit rail yard.
Assigned to a field construction organization managing the Common Directs across the Project. In addition, provides support to the Project Superintendent and acts as the deputy for all project field activities in the Project Superintendents absence. Responsible for all jobsite activities associated with the Common Directs role and ensures construction operations are in compliance with design and specifications, and that construction operations are completed safely, to quality standards, on schedule, and within budget.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Responsible for the management of Common Directs which includes but not limited to, facilitating the coordination of pipe testing equipment across the project, managing torque and tensioning and flange facing activities.
2. Assist the Project Superintendent in managing the execution of the environmental compliance plan, safety plan, non-manual staffing plan, subcontracting plan, labor strategy, construction execution plan, and job-site work rules.
3. Responsible for the field workforce organization to ensure the jobsite organization is comprised of qualified and knowledgeable personnel and ensures effective personnel utilization.
4. Establishes, coordinates and implements construction schedules, manning charts, and material and equipment requirements.
5. Controls jobsite expenditures in assigned area for labor, equipment, material and services and ensures field operations are within budget.
6. Responsible for overall supervision of personnel.
7. Ensures performance evaluations are conducted on assigned personnel and counseling programs are maintained.
8. Plans and implements procedures to ensure construction operations are continuously adhering to engineering designs, specifications, quality standards, schedules and budget.
9. Responsible for coordination of construction operations to ensure they coincide with the overall established schedules.
Maintains relationships with the client and their representatives, as assigned.
Ensures that Bechtel and local/national regulatory safety codes, requirements and standards are being complied with in assigned area of responsibility. Ensures the Zero Accident Philosophy is incorporated into all aspects of construction operations. Actively participates in scheduled safety meetings.
Implements Six Sigma tools, analysis, and decision-making in the executive of duties.
Provides oversight, guidance and leadership to the field engineering, project controls and workface planning personnel assigned to the area.
Experienced working with the USA Buildings Trades.
· Knowledge and demonstrated competency in all phases of construction operations relating to common direct activities and jobsite management.
· Knowledge of Bechtel’s Zero Accident Philosophy.
· Knowledge of the Project ES&H Handbook, the Supervisors ES&H Manual, the Project Safety Management Plan and the Bechtel Core Processes.
· Knowledge of the Project Construction Environmental Control Plan.
· Knowledge of the Six Sigma program tools and methodologies.
· Knowledge is normally acquired through:
· A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, or
· Specialized courses in construction management, and/or
· Prior work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge described above
· 15 years of experience in Construction Leadership
· B-Cert qualification as Site Manager (Tier 2 or greater)
· A recognized degree in a job-related engineering or scientific discipline or specialized courses in construction management.
· Bechtel OG&C experience on large multi-unit petrochemical facilities
· Technical knowledge of the construction/engineering discipline, cost, scheduling and/or contracts administration relating to the construction of heavy industrial or commercial complexes. Work experience as a construction engineer, engineer or assistant superintendent leading to an understanding of the technical knowledge described above.
· Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
· An understanding of the application and requirements of Project Environmental, Safety & Health.
· Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
Work includes field inspections and the physical ability to conduct field inspections which require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, working on elevated platforms, working on uneven surfaces and working in small or confined spaces. Some lifting may be required. Must have the ability to walk into and out of the project (enter/egress). Must be able to use appropriate standard issued Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) required for each assigned task (i.e. harness, life vest, lift buckets, etc.)
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.