Requisition ID: 225419
Bechtel is seeking a Lead User Experience Designer to create amazing user interactions and to join our team in Reston, VA. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess exceptional design skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
Provide leadership enabling end-users achieve their desired outcomes with customer engagements, in conceptualizing and creating large-scale digital experiences and applications. Apply deep experience in user experience (UX) and user interface design to participate in the User Experience (UX) Design practice evolution and utilize the human-centered design (HCD) process to identify and solve for customer needs, achieve business objectives and create deliverables. Engage with customers to articulate needs and requirements into industry leading digital designs clearly while identifying and prioritizing project milestones and processes. Contribute by directly producing industry leading design artifacts while mentoring fellow designers in a hands-on environment.
We collaborate in small agile teams, design review each other's work, and deploy often as needed. And we encourage you to learn new technologies and share what you learn with others.
• Engage end-users, software engineering and product management to define and implement a UX strategy across the portfolio, not just the single solution
• Collaborate with the broader team to visualize the broader opportunity and the immediate innovative solution for the product direction, visuals and experience
• Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
• Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
• Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
• Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
• Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
• Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
• BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related technical field
• 9+ years of UX experience
• 4+ years of experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows
• 2+ years of supervisory/team lead experience
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
• Experience across all phases of product design from research to ideation, design iteration, prototyping and delivering high fidelity UI mockups
• Knowledge of Visual design and wire-framing tools
• Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
• Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
• Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
• Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
• Team player and enjoy collaborating with your colleagues
• An aesthetic eye and an eye for details
• Comfortable working on all form-factors including desktop, tablets and mobile devices running Windows OS, iOS and Android
• Enjoy solving complex problems with elegant but simple solutions
• Passionate about delivering quality user experience and quality code
• Easily communicate ideas in a virtual environment
• Strong portfolio and code samples
• Strong communication skills and customer-service skills
• Ability to be able to perform with little direction or supervision
• Ability to work well within a team environment
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
Does that sound like you? Do you have a portfolio or your Blog to share? Then tell us, because we’d love to check it out!
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Requisition ID: 221684 Organization: Svc – IS&T Location: [[location]] Position Duties/Responsibilities: Integration (DBKR, Inspec, SPF & EIP): Key Skills: Data...Apply For This Job
Requisition ID: 222939 Organization: Svc – IS&T Location: [[location]] JOB DESCRIPTION – Data Integrity Engineer EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: Min 6-8-year...Apply For This Job