Company Name: Marathon Petroleum Company LP
Location Name: Findlay, OH
Location Address: 539 S Main St, Findlay, OH, United States (US), 45840
Education Level: Bachelor's Required
Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Employee Group: Regular – Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
Operations Center Supervisor
The open position of Operations Center Supervisor role is one of five on the OC Supervision team. There are four supervisors dedicated to operations and one supervisor responsible for training. This position will supervise one of four shifts/teams and will have approximately 14-17 operations analysts reporting directly to the successful candidate chosen. Currently, the on-call responsibilities include one week from Monday 7am through the following Monday at 7 am. The position is also required to work a flex schedule, covering early evenings when the assigned shift transitions to nights.
The primary responsibilities include, direct and oversee work activities of the professional work force in the MPL Findlay Operations Center to ensure the effective and safe operation of pipelines and other facilities. This position requires a high degree of collaboration with numerous stakeholders (Examples: Scheduling, MPC and MPL Field Personnel, Training, Human Resources, Product Quality, Technical Support, etc.) in support of daily operations.
1. Maintain extensive operational knowledge of pipeline systems and remain current on changing operations and procedures regarding pipeline systems throughout all operating regions.
2. Direct the operation of the computer-based supervisory control systems to monitor and control the movement of fluids through Company-operated pipelines; ensures efficient, safe and timely operation in accordance with schedules.
3. Share on call duties to respond to emergencies or provide guidance and instruction in event of emergency or abnormal condition. Direct abnormal operations in a disciplined manner, using the Stop Help Start process to assure the safety of the public, environment and protection of MPL assets.
4. Assist field operations, scheduling, engineering, and others with planning and execution of hydrostatic tests, pipeline repairs, ROW activities, pipeline hydraulic evaluations, commissioning, decommissioning, and other related issues.
5. Supervise and direct a professional workforce. Recommend and sponsor employee development / training. Continuously monitor and manage employee performance. Oversee and participate in the training of the professional work force to ensure that they are properly prepared to safely perform their job in compliance with MPL Policies and Procedures and environmental and regulatory requirements.
6. Keep current, and support, company policy and procedures, programs, philosophies and various governmental rules and regulations applicable to personnel and operations; establish and maintain contact with representatives of other companies, third parties, and others to keep informed on developments affecting pipeline operations.
7. Work with field operations and other MPL process groups to on-board new business in a safe and efficient manner to ensure proper remote operations is achieved based on MPL's guidelines. Support other components of the Company with resources (e.g. historical operational information) as may be required.
8. Assist in the development of key performance indicators and subsequent reports and recommendations concerning operational opportunities or problems. Maintain appropriate records of pipeline operation and employee management. Review and maintain portions of the Operations Manual.
9. Participate in the establishment of specifications for control, instrumentation, and communications systems.
10. Assure facilities and equipment are maintained properly for reliable, safe operations; take all reasonable steps to minimize hazardous conditions and to ensure that safety precautions are followed; develop and drill emergency recovery plans to be used in the event of business disruptions or equipment failures.
Bachelors Degree required with a minimum of 8 years experience work experience in an Operations Center environment.
Deadline to apply is Wednesday, May 30, 2018.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Headquartered in Findlay, Ohio, Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) operates an integrated refining, marketing and transportation system.
MPC is the nation's second-largest refiner, with a crude oil refining capacity of approximately 1.9 million barrels per calendar day in its six-refinery system. Marathon brand gasoline is sold through approximately 5,600 independently owned retail outlets across 20 states and the District of Columbia. In addition, Speedway LLC, an MPC subsidiary, owns and operates the nation's second-largest convenience store chain, with approximately 2,730 convenience stores in 21 states.
Through subsidiaries, MPC owns the general partner of MPLX LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Primarily through MPLX, MPC owns, leases or has ownership interests in approximately 10,800 miles of crude oil and light product pipelines. Also through MPLX, MPC has ownership interests in gathering and processing facilities with approximately 5.9 billion cubic feet per day of gathering capacity, 8.2 billion cubic feet per day of natural gas processing capacity and 610,000 barrels per day of fractionation capacity.
MPC's fully integrated system provides operational flexibility to move crude oil, NGLs, feedstocks and petroleum-related products efficiently through the company's distribution network and midstream service businesses in the Midwest, Northeast, East Coast, Southeast and Gulf Coast regions.
Job Function: Ref, Terminals, Pipeline
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
If you have visited our site in search of information on U.S. employment opportunities and require an accommodation to submit your application, please contact the MPC EEO/Compliance Office at 866-492-7802. Note that we only accept resumes and applications for posted positions.
Marathon Petroleum Company LP (“MPC”) is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status or other legally protected status.