The Rig Manager is required to have:
• High School degree (University degree preferred). Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
• Five years management experience in deepwater operations.
• Strong leadership and customer relationship skills.
• Completion of all training and certification requirements for Rig Manager position as described in the Pacific Drilling training matrix.
• Comply with Pacific Drilling Code of Conduct and supporting policies, standards, and applicable process documentation.
• Perform all work according to agreed expectations of both internal and external customers, focus on doing things right the first time and every time, and contribute actively to continual improvement activities
• Ensure all activities are carried out according to State, Class, Flag, and client requirements including the reporting of accidents and dangerous occurrences.
• Act as a Safety Leader ensuring the ongoing identification of hazards and the implementation of controls to manage the associated risks with a special focus on Permit to Work and Isolation procedures.
• Provide daily leadership, guidance and coaching to the Ships Leadership Team, managing their efforts to maximize operational effectiveness and overall performance
• Lead the team in the planning of goals and objectives for the annual QHSE plan with crews.
• Ensure that operations are planned, organized, supervised, and executed in accordance with well programs, rig move plans, Pacific Drilling requirements, and contractual obligations.
• Ensure that the rig has personnel with the right competencies to fulfill their job responsibilities and requirements. Support the Rig Management Team and Human Resources to acquire, develop, and retain competent and qualified personnel.
• Maintain frequent personal contact with the customer's drilling representative, early in the morning, to develop a positive working relationship, and to coordinate rig operations to ensure objectives are met.
• Timely prepares and reviews for accuracy customer's billing for day rate, business partner’s services, and reimbursable materials. Monitor to ensure payment is received in accordance with the terms of the contract.
• Monitor all daily rig costs and focus on the efficient and effective utilization of resources.
• Establish annual goals and objectives for rig operations in accordance with Company directives.
• Provide strong leadership and support to the Rig Management Team in achieving rig goals and objectives.
• Ensures that meaningful annual performance evaluations of rig personnel are completed and intermediate performance evaluations are timely completed when below standard performance is noticed. Evaluations recommendations are followed up.
• Provide recommendations and input related to rig personnel recruiting, hiring, transfer promotions and terminations, furthermore ensures that the companies recruitment and disciplinary guidance protocol is adhered to.
• Communicate and provide input to Senior Management related to rig operations and the development and refinement of operating procedures and budgets.
• Understand the technology that is required for rig operations. Assist with the evaluation of new technologies and products to determine their applicability to our immediate and future needs.
• Provide reports as required by the organization and client, including Key Point Indicator (KPI) reports, monthly rig reports, variance reports, operating budget reporting, and end of month rig utilization report
• Drive continuous improvement culture by assessing the effectiveness and efficiency of the overall operations, initiating performance improvements, sharing and adapting companies’ best practices and lessons learned.
Tagged as: Pacific Drilling Jobs
LOCATION: Montreal, Quebec (CA-QC) JOB NUMBER: 29558 Why you should join us: If working in a diverse work environment focused...Apply For This Job